The 5Rs™ formula can be applied to mindfulness meditation and practice. It is particularly effective for mindful pause which you can take throughout the day at your convenience with little effort or time. It helps you to come back to the present moment and connect with yourself and the energies around you. It is particularly helpful when you find yourself stressed, preoccupied and out of touch.
- Recognize: Bring awareness to your experience in each moment: your thoughts, feelings, and bodily sensations. Accept and observe both good and bad experiences, not wishing pleasant ones to last nor unpleasant ones to stop.
- Release: Release any holding or tension and let go of any controlling. Let it be, without trying to make anything happen nor rejecting anything.
- Relax: Relax but stay alert. Bring kindness, softness, and gentleness to your body, heart and mind. Rest in stillness and relish in inner peace.
- Reflect: Watch life unfolding in each moment. Be curious and look into its ever-changing, unsatisfactory and impersonal nature.
- Refresh: Refresh with a smile, gratitude and appreciation. Expand your awareness and reconnect with the world around you as you resume your activity.